< News and Events
IMPORTANT: Health and Safety on Campus (Nov. 29)
Sunday, November 29, 2020
We hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with their families and we are grateful to all of you who adjusted plans given our new realities. As case numbers are still climbing we ask everyone to please read the following as we prepare to return to school tomorrow.
- If you travelled on an airplane, boat or train during this Thanksgiving break, we ask you to quarantine for 14 days (from the date of your return to Los Angeles) before returning to school. This same requirement will be in place when we return from Winter break, so please plan accordingly.
- Everyone is required to take your child’s temperature at home and complete the DAILY SCREENING before you leave for school in order to assess their overall well being. Do they seem “off” or like they might possibly be coming down with something? You know how your child usually looks/acts. If you are uncertain, keep them home for observation just to be sure. Infections can spread before actual symptoms appear. Please don’t put us in the position of having to send your child home with symptoms they already had at home. Keeping one child home as a precaution can prevent us from having to send a whole class or even the whole school into quarantine.
- IF YOU OR ANYONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD HAS BEEN EXPOSED (EITHER CONFIRMED OR SUSPECTED) OR YOU YOURSELF TESTS POSITIVE FOR COVID-19 PLEASE NOTIFY THE SCHOOL ASAP. PRECAUTIONS MUST BE TAKEN IN A TIMELY MANNER TO PREVENT FURTHER SPREAD AT SCHOOL. Having your exposed or symptomatic child tested right away is essential to give us the valuable information we need in order to follow protocols to protect the rest of the class / the rest of the campus.
- ALL PARENTS AND STUDENTS MUST BE WEARING A MASK WHEN THEY ARRIVE TO CAMPUS. The faculty and staff of the school will not approach a car for our screening process where the parents are not wearing a mask and where your children are also not ready with their masks on. Please also have your own pen available for sign in and out.
- How you live outside of school can affect everyone. We implore you to follow the latest LA Department of Public Health’s Safer At Home Order, effective tomorrow, which includes a modified 3 week stay at home order:
- Residents are advised to stay home as much as possible and always wear a face covering over their nose and mouth when they are outside their household and around others. (All public and private gatherings with individuals not in your household are prohibited.)
- We ask that you postpone any non essential travel, especially involving planes, buses, trains etc.
While we were happy to see that the County did not prevent the reopening of our schools (which was rumored to be in the works) under this revised Safer at Home Order, they did strengthen the safety measures regarding an outbreak. Should the school experience 3 cases of COVID (regardless of in what class they occur), within a 14 day period, we will be required to close the entire school for 14 days.
Therefore, in order to prevent this scenario, we all must play our part and follow the rules associated with keeping everyone safe.
If your child is sick (even just a little) KEEP THEM HOME!
- If your child has a fever (100.4 or over) they must stay home for a minimum of 72 hours, and more than likely will be required to get tested for COVID depending on how long and persistent is the fever.
- A “new cough” can be a symptom of Covid. Coughing children should not be at school. Please keep your child home and consult with your doctor.
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea can be a symptom of Covid. Please keep your child home and if symptoms continue, consult with your doctor.
- Runny or stuffy noses and masks don’t mix. If your child’s nose requires frequent wiping/blowing, keep them home until they can wear their mask comfortably.
We recognize how challenging this can be for each family and we are grateful for your partnership in keeping our school, our students, our faculty and staff, and our families safe.
Thank you for your partnership and support.